Blog

Sold Ribbon and Sold Stamp for ClassiPress

Tested on WordPress 4.2  &  ClassiPress Version: 3.4

As this feature seems to be very popular, i decided to write a new tutorial for the current ClassiPress version.

Demo Site

I assume that you have ClassiPress and your own child theme running. Time to get started:

The files we need to customize are:

• content-ad_listing.php
  • single-ad_listing.php
  • style.css

As we don’t change core files directly, we just take a copy of those php files and add them to our child theme folder. Now we start to edit our copies.

So the first file we edit is the /themes/childtheme/content-ad_listing.php and find this part (around line 14)

Under the above code we add this:

please-read

Dear visitor. Sold Ribbon and Sold Stamp for ClassiPress is a premium article. If you would like to get access to the rest of this article, please pay $ 3.45 USD fee to help me keeping this site alive. After your payment is done you will automatically receive an Email that includes an activation link. Please Note: The activation link is valid for 2 days.

Tags: , , ,

19 Responses to “Sold Ribbon and Sold Stamp for ClassiPress”

1. Binh August 6, 2013 at 20:24 #

I followed the tutorial and it’s working perfectly! What can I say… Awesome tutorial as expected to be! 😉

Btw Rolf, is it difficult to get the “NEW” text or sign shown on the listings if the ad is new?

• Rolf Hassel August 6, 2013 at 20:27 #

The ‘new’ sign is not difficult. For sure a tutorial will come up soon.

2. buyselltci August 9, 2013 at 02:33 #

Nice Tutorial, guys I am lost. Can you tell how does the vae and upload instructions work. Im sorry but I am still learning this.

3. buyselltci August 10, 2013 at 20:03 #

ok guys I done what you instructed above, I uploaded the images to the media library under the same names. I am not seeing it show up on my sold items, infact I see a tiny little icon. Can you help. Thank you

4. buyselltci August 10, 2013 at 22:13 #

I noticed you said to upload to image folder. What would be my image folder is it the same as the media. When I upload to the media folder this is what the URL look like: http://buynselltci.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sold-ribbon.png

5. Rolf Hassel August 10, 2013 at 22:24 #

If you are using a child theme, the place to upload the images would be something like this: http://buynselltci.com/wp-content/themes/your-child-theme/images/sold-ribbon.png

Cheers

6. slavia September 4, 2013 at 00:10 #

Hi, Thank you for the tutorial. I did as it states above, but I my case it was only one sticker that got on place, the one on the announcement page. The second one is not there. Do you have any ideas on the topic?

7. Michael Robert October 3, 2013 at 20:29 #

Got the sold stamp working but not the sold ribbon. Please help: http://www.shopapple.co.za

8. Pascal October 7, 2013 at 08:29 #

Hi!

Wonderfoul tutorial!

Where can I found the tutorial about “Refine Results”??

Thanks!

9. Nandar November 27, 2013 at 04:30 #

Hi.. This tutorial is very useful for me. I also want to get featured and price is negotiable like demo site. What should I do?

Thanks

• Rolf Hassel November 27, 2013 at 07:13 #

You can find those tutorials also on this site. 😉

10. Jane Barnes February 2, 2014 at 23:21 #

Thanks Rolf! worked a treat. you always make your tutorials clear and easy – as well as useful! Cheers.

11. Bart September 4, 2014 at 12:53 #

does it matter if ClassiPress is not a child-theme but is the theme-theme??

12. Bart September 4, 2014 at 20:16 #

nevermind, just tried it and it worked (!!!) on the first try! Thanks Rolf!
    Bart

13. Vlada November 27, 2014 at 21:07 #

Hi there, grate work!

One question pls.
    Where to add, which line of code if I want ribbon featured slider images?

Thank you.

14. Dick Impens April 23, 2015 at 23:13 #

I think some modification needs to be done for classipress version 3.4. Can you tell me what I need to change? In the loop-ad_listing.php the mods do not match anymore…

• Rolf Hassel April 24, 2015 at 13:17 #

As ClassiPress 3.4.1 will be released in the next hours, I’m going to wait for that.

That’s why i write the versions inside the articles that are tested.

• Rolf Hassel April 24, 2015 at 13:52 #

I have updated the article. Please check

15. Vlada May 28, 2015 at 04:42 #

As previously written this is great tutorial, however it would be even better if we can make this stamp or ribbon appear on top slider and in admin backend.

Thank you.