Blog

ClassiPress Slider on top of all categories

Tested on WordPress 3.6.1  &  ClassiPress Version: 3.3.1

As you know, the standard ClassiPress slider only shows up on the home page. From time to time i’m getting asked how to get the slider showing up on top of all categories. That’s not a big deal, so let’s do it.

I assume that you have AppThemes ClassiPress and your own child theme running. Time to get started:

As usual, we don’t want to modify the original files from ClassiPress. So the first thing we do is upload a copy of the original /themes/classipress/taxonomy-ad_cat.php file to our /themes/your-child-theme/ folder. Now we start to edit that copy. You can do it local our use your build in WordPress editor in your WordPress admin area => Appearance => Editor.

Open the /themes/your-child-theme/taxonomy-ad_cat.php and find around line 6 this:

Under the above code place this:

Save your changes.

That’s it! Your featured slider will now appear on top of the categories.

Enjoy and don’t forget to rate this tutorial if it was useful for you. Thanks! :)

ClassiPress Slider on top of all categories 4.83/5 (96.67%) 24 votes

Tags: , , , ,

11 Responses to “ClassiPress Slider on top of all categories”

1. steely July 31, 2013 at 05:16 #

Samcy you are my hero,

So I have a question. I know the ultimate slider is not you thing. However, since you are giving tut on slider atop category post. I am using the ultimate slider. How would I get that to show up instead of just the regular slider that came with theme?

Thanks Samcy

2. Manish August 3, 2013 at 03:15 #

Hey Samcy good to see your super tutorials. You have always been of great help.
    Need to know how can we customize this slider to show featured ads pertaining to the category being displayed.

3. marius September 4, 2013 at 21:03 #

I tried steps described by you but not working. I ClassiPress wordpress 3.6 and 3.3. Thanks

4. Carlo D'Aquino September 17, 2013 at 10:32 #

Hello and just what I was looking for
    I Current Version: 3.3.1 and use the template baby phoenix
    now I wonder if I use this mod your
    Then the way there you can view in the slider only ads for that category?
    example if I am in the car category in the slider at the top do not want to see ads of work
    excuse for English use google translator

5. Pascal November 13, 2013 at 13:35 #

Hi,

I have 3.3.1 and the slider on the category dosen’t work. It appeare, but there are no feutured ads.

Thanks

• Rolf Hassel November 13, 2013 at 14:16 #

Then you are not using a child theme or don’t have the featured.php inside there. The code calls the featured.php from the STYLESHEETPATH.

6. Pascal November 13, 2013 at 17:14 #

I have the file in my child theme.

Look here: http://uptiki.altervista.org/viewer.php?file=015d0ki6qrbg972zp.png

I have tryed another time but it still dosen’t work =(

• Rolf Hassel November 13, 2013 at 17:18 #

Oh, now i see that the code gets transferd because of my CDN hosting.

Try from here:

No, i can’t post javascript inside the comments. Can i send you the code via email?

7. Pascal November 13, 2013 at 17:21 #

Still dosen’t work.

Now I have this code just above :

8. gio July 21, 2014 at 21:06 #

THANKSSS!! WORKS LIKE CHARM!

Just a tip: If you changed the name of your wp-contet or the name of the “classipress” folder.
    Change it to the correct path, if not it will not work. :)

9. Robert January 9, 2015 at 01:58 #

Rolf, can you display the code to query only featured ads for each respective ad category please?